Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend Getaway Gone Collegiate

So we've been trying to go to San Francisco since we got here but it's been in the 50's. Our San Francisco visit will be postponed until it warms up a bit. This weekend we stayed close to home and visited Stanford University. The campus is amazing. The buildings are immense and the architecture is very intricate in design.



The campus had a lot of art sculptures all over. Tim and Xavier are standing by the totem pole. Pretty neat to see it up close.



There were also several fountains by the bookstore. Xavier ran around the fountain as if it was a race track. I lost count on how many times he made it around.



This was the church that stands in the front entrance of the university. We saw lots of wedding parties that day as we walked around the campus. I can definitely see why you'd choose to be married there.



The road that leads to the university is lined with palm trees. It is such a beautiful drive up and then you see this huge field and the school standing in back of the field. It's quite a site to see.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I knew you guys would be great at getting out and about, and getting to know your surroundings! When I talked to you on the phone, I was baffled at how you are living in an unfurnished apt, but I must say....it looks homier than I thought! You guys are troopers! Sorry I missed your call last night, hopefully we can talk today. I have to remember it's three hours earlier there before I call though...