Santa Cruz was our Saturday getaway. Kind of an extension to my birthday and some pre-Father's Day fun. I've already mentioned how Xavier emphatically refuses to go to the swimming pool every time I ask him. That said, I was a little worried he wouldn't have fun at the beach on Saturday. Boy was I wrong; which made me sooooo happy. He absolutely loved it. I think he was the happiest kid on the entire beach that day.
The weather was just okay. We didn't expect it to get any higher than mid 60's and it was mostly cloudy when we arrived. So we didn't plan on getting in the water. The wharf was our first stop where we saw some sea lions swimming in the water close by. Then we walked along the boardwalk. There are tons of rides for kids, rollercoasters, the usual fairground type of rides, and all the carny food you could imagine. Then we walked out to the beach. Xavier was still in his regular clothes. Once he saw the water he was off. Every time the waves hit his feet he'd squeel with excitement and shout "Water! Water! Water!" It was so adorable. After about 2 minutes he was completely wet from head to toe. I guess we should have brought the swimsuits instead of leaving them in the car. We made the trek back to the car and got his swimsuit.
My sister and her family met us in Santa Cruz as well. It was fun to have some family to spend the day with us. We went back out to the beach once Xavier, Naysa, and Leland were in the appropriate attire. Xavier was off once again. He couldn't get enough of the waves. He'd run into the water, wait for the waves to hit his feet, then he'd run out. He did this probably for a good hour or two. At one point he said, "Mama, it's like a big bath tub."
This video captured the largest wave we'd seen that day and it totally knocked Xavier on his back. Luckily Tim ran in and grabbed him so he wasn't under water too long. Xavier came out with sand all over his face and a big grin on his mouth. After that, he'd just stand in the water. He wasn't running in and out like usual. I asked him why he was just standing there. He said, "I'm waiting for the big one." I guess the waves weren't cutting it anymore after that big one had come along. His entire body started to shiver, but that didn't stop him from continuing to play in the water. We had a blast and it was so fun to see him enjoy the beach as much as I was hoping.
Tim and Xavier also found a gigantic hole someone had dug in the sand. The better to bury someone in right? So Tim buried Xavier's legs in it. Then he'd tell Xavier to wiggle his toes. As soon as the toes popped out of the sand Tim would yell "Look at all those baby worms!" Xavier couldn't get enough of that one. What silly boys!
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
1 comments:
Ooh, I'm jealous! The beach is my favorite place on Earth! Although, I don't know...you have that salt water! You guys are doing such awesome things out there!
I'm such a jerk. I totally missed your birthday. Happy, Happy (late) Birthday to one of my favorite people on Earth!
Post a Comment