Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day



Xavier has been practicing this song all week and for Father's Day he sung it to Tim. If you can't hear some of the words this is what he's singing to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot.
I love my daddy, he's really smart
He's got big muscles and a bigger heart
When I get all cranky and I pout
He gives me hugs and he never shouts!

We made Tim a special Father's Day Snack Mix. I found this on sugardoodle.net but I changed a few ingredients. This is what it included:

A treat for my Dad because I think he is neat and needs something yummy to eat. Here is a list of the goodies in this bag.

Raisins… because you’re “raisin” me!
Honey Nut Cheerios… because you’re such a sweet guy!
Cashews… because I like it when you get a little nutty!
Cheez its… because I think you are the big cheese!
A gold wrapped candy… because you’re more precious than gold to me!
Goldfish… because you’re the big fish in my sea!
Pretzel sticks… because you are never a stick-in-the-mud!
Popcorn…because you are my Pop!

Mixed with love on Father’s Day!

Love,
Xavier

Xavier and I made a couple cards for him too. The first one I just used paint to get two prints of Xavier's hands. I used a brown paper bag and cut in long ways. Then I pasted a hand on each end. In the middle I wrote "I love you this much" So that when he opened it, it was as if Xavier's hands were stretched out long. Then Xavier colored it with markers.



I also put together a mini book of all the fun things that Xavier and Tim do together. I used ribbon to tie it all together.




Last but not least we awarded Tim with tickets to the Oakland Athletics vs. Detroit Tigers baseball game he's been talking about since we moved here. You deserve it daddy-o. You have worked so hard for our family and you constantly remind me how lucky I am to have a wonderful husband like you and how lucky Xavier is to have a daddy like you. Thanks for being the best father to Xavier. He truly adores you and I love seeing the two of you together. Happy Father's Day babe!

3 comments:

The Lindsays said...

Xavier singing that song is SO adorable!

Tim R said...

Thanks hun:)

Aubreydoll said...

You're so creative!! And I can't believe how well Xavier talks and that song was awesome!