Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beach Baby, Beach Baby



We made our first attempt at the swimming pool. I was so excited because Xavier couldn't get enough of the water last summer. Much to my dismay he hated it! We got into the pool and he said "I done I done." It was as if he was afraid of it. Why? I do not know, but I'm determined to turn that around by the end of the summer.

Maybe if we're by the beach and he can wade in the water first, he'll warm up to the actual swimming part. We'll see. If you have any suggestions as to how I can ease him into it a little more let me know.

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

I think a zero entry pool or a beach is so much better for kids. Then they can go at their own pace. I'm sure he'll warm up to it in no time!

The Lindsays said...

Ethan did the same things last summer...even though he LOVED it the year before. We just had to let him work up to it. By the end of the summer he finally started dipping his feet in the pool!?! This year, we're hoping for better luck. I think he'll be better now that he's a little older. You don't want to force it, though or he may never get over his fear. LOVE YOU!