Monday, June 15, 2009

Friday, Xavier and I ventured out of town to visit the Palo Alto Jr. Museum and Zoo. I was a little disappointed because there wasn't that much to see. Thankfully it was free. The animals consisted of a peacock, ducks, raccoon, bobcat, bats, snakes, and a few other small animals. Xavier watched the raccoon forever- that seemed to be his favorite. He did not like the bats at all. I think the dark room creeped him out a bit.


A lot of the science activities involved tennis balls. The place was swarming with little kids and so there were balls flying everywhere. Xavier was definitely in his happy place. He did however knock down a little boy, so we had to cut the fun short.


In front of the museum was a fun little maze of tree stumps. Xavier lay on his stomach for part of it and kept telling me he was in outer space. He would jump from stump to stump like a little frog. It was cute. And if you notice he is holding his little puppy. For some reason he would not let that thing go. It was his little sidekick all day.



The coolest part of the animal exhibits was when the peacock opened its feathers. We were so close we could almost touch it.


Plinko anyone?



He had to climb on this every time he ran by it. I'm telling you Xavier does not believe in walking. He has one speed and that's running fast. He would zip from place to place and I tried my best to keep up with him. Since he's small he could squeeze in between people and I would get stuck behind crowds. Do you think Xavier would stop and wait for me? No. He is getting faster and faster which makes it a challenge to keep up with my little speed demon.

0 comments: