Tim outdid himself as usual for my birthday. Every year it's a surprise and tons of fun, but this year was probably my favorite birthday so far. The day itself was pretty uneventful. Tim had to take the car to Sacramento for a distribution center tour and I forgot to get the stroller out of the trunk. So Xavier and I hung around the house all day.
When Tim got home he surprised me with a new ipod shuffle with a 4 GB memory. Now I will be able to listen to even more music than I have on my Ipod Nano.
After I got my gift I assumed we'd just go to dinner. Well, we hopped into the car and after about 25 minutes of driving I said where are we going? Tim wouldn't tell me of course, I just had to wait.
Then I saw the sign on the freeway- Half Moon Bay. I was so excited. Half Moon Bay is where they have the Maverick surfing competitions, so the waves there can get up to 60 or 70 ft. It's definitely a popular spot for surfers.
We ate dinner at a seafood place on the coast. They had the best clam chowder I've ever eaten. And their fish and chips were delicious too!
A funny side story, we ended up eating next to the owner of the restaurant. As we got to talking with him it came up that we were out here for the summer. Tim mentioned his internship with Apple and the guy said he was really good friends with one of the Apple Executives. Then him and his friend preceded to pull out their Iphones. They both were pretty proud to show off their Apple products to us. It was funny. The other guy sitting with the owner of the restaurant turned out to be a fisherman. He was showing us pictures of these 180 lb. fish he'd caught. It was amazing! So it was kind of fun talking with some of the locals and enjoying the evening.
After dinner we were going to watch the sunset on the beach, but where we were at they close it at dusk. So we couldn't. Bummer. As we were driving back home we happened to see some surfers right off the road. We decided to stop and watch them for a little bit. It was super windy and chilly, but the waves were beautiful to watch. Plus, it was fun to see some real live surfers. Xavier loved watching the surfers out in the water.
Thanks babe for a memorable birthday. As usual, you never cease to amaze me!
Brrr! It sure was chilly. This is me standing on the beach near Half Moon Bay!
Tim and Xavier on the beach.
This is the view outside of the restaurant.
The restaurant we ate at.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment