Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Water fears have vanished

YEAH!!! My water baby is back! Tim took Xavier to the pool this week. Xavier refused to go near the water. He just wanted to sit on the chairs by the water. Instead of letting him sit or run around the pool area Tim told Xavier they'd have to go home. They started heading back to the apartment when Xavier said he didn't want to go home.

Take 2. They went back to the pool and somehow Tim got X to sit on the steps and splash around. Within a few minutes he decided to be brave and go further into the pool, with Tim, of course. Then when I came to see them he was jumping from the steps to daddy. Now he likes to jump off the side and yell "Canon Ball!" Tim said he even went completely under. He was teaching Xavier how to hold his breath under water. I'm glad someone can teach him that because I still have to plug my nose when I go under.

Needless to say, I can now take Xavier to the pool! I'm so proud of Xavier for overcoming his fear of swimming pools. He's a brave little guy.

1 comments:

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Wow, I had a lot of catching up to do with your blog! I love all your posts and pictures. It looks like you guys are having an awesome time! That was such a sweet video of Xavier singing his father's day song. What a big boy, I'm shocked at how much that little man is growing:) And, I can't believe I missed your birthday, I feel so bad :(...so, happy very belated birthday. I'm so glad you had an awesome day, you definitely deserve it. We miss you guys lots! Can't wait to see more of your Cali adventures...