Sunday, June 7, 2009

600 square feet- Home Sweet Home

I thought I'd document our wonderful accommodations while we live in California. We pretty much have half the square footage of our Michigan townhome and we pay almost double the rent. Definitely not the greatest thing about California. But since the weather is so great we can be outside a lot.



This is our bathroom. We do have a decent walk in closet which is nice. It's kind of comical because the shower head is made for probably a 4 ft. person. Anytime I wash my hair I have to bend down to do it.



This is the bedroom. Xavier plays in here and he sleeps in his pack n play. If you notice there isn't an actual doorway. It's just an accordian sliding screen like the ones in our churches. It's almost like a glorified studio apartment.



We are using my sister's air mattress and we are sleeping in the living room area. We did get a unit that has this lovely orange accent wall. Even though I don't have any pretty pictures to hang it's nice to have a little color in the apartment.



We are using my sister's card table which works great for our short stay here.



Our kitchen is about the same size as our Michigan townhome and it's all newly rennovated which I like.

As you can see we are living pretty simple this summer, but we have all the major necessities. I will say when we come back to MIchigan I will definitely be happy to see a couch and our nice comfy bed.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Wahoo! What a great looking place:) It is kind of nice every once in a while to get back to basics huh!:) Well we are still excited to come in July, we can have a giant sleepover! I commented on an earlier post too, just so you know, it just took me a while:) loves and misses!!! Can't wait to visit!

Aubreydoll said...

Wow, your kitchen looks almost exactly the same! And I think there's something to be said for living simple, but I bet it'll be REALLY nice to get back to your bed and couches!

Sarah said...

Looks great! It's almost like you are on vacation. I think it's great that you guys can live without all the clutter that we busy ourselves up with.