Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am grateful for...

Well I have a couple of things. First I am grateful for chicken noodle soup. Tim and Xavier have been sick today. Tim was basically in bed most of the day resting. I decided I would make him some chicken noodle soup and fish crackers on the side. As Xavier and I were taking them up the stairs- me with the soup in my hands and Xavier holding the fish crackers in his- I remembered all the times I was sick as a kid my mom would make me chicken noodle soup. I don't know what it is about chicken noodle soup, but it always makes me feel better. As I opened our bedroom door I told Xavier to give daddy the crackers. Wouldn't ya know, he ran the opposite direction and started eating the crackers. Before I knew it the crackers went flying all over the carpet. I just had to laugh. Apparently Xavier thought the crackers were his and not daddy's. After all the crackers were picked up we made our soup and cracker delivery to daddy, gave him kisses, and let him get some more rest.

Second, I am grateful for Xavier's sense of humor. I didn't think he could have a sense of humor yet, but Xavier gets a kick out of scaring mommy and getting a rise out of me. (sounds like somebody else I know..I won't name names, but it starts with a T and ends with an "im") He used to just poke his head around a corner and scream so that I would be surprised. During our Halloween festivities he acquired a black spider ring. As a joke I would always pretend to be scared when he showed it to me. Today he found it in one of his toy baskets and showed me the spider. I pretended to be scared. Then it became a game, he'd keep hiding it and then showing it to me just to see my scared face over and over. No matter how many times he did it, he would laugh hysterically. It's fun to be able to play those games with Xavier. We have lots of laughs together.

3 comments:

Aubreydoll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubreydoll said...

When I was a kid my mom would get us popsicles if we had sore throats. It always made me feel special and my throat feel better!

Stephanie said...

lol, no way! I can't believe Xavier knows how to "scare" you already! What a fun kid. Hope everyone is back to feeling better!