Prayer. I have found that I rely on prayer a lot these days. There are many stressful things that are going on in our country and also in our family life with Tim being in school. He's been working hard to try to find an internship, but companies have been slow to recruit and slow to get back with him on any type of second interview or job offer. So, we are just waiting things out. I have found that prayer sometimes is the only thing that helps me stay calm in these stormy and uncertain seas.
Xavier has been showing more interest in saying prayers rather than just listening to us pray. Every time we say meal prayers or night prayers he always starts us off by saying "Heavenly Father, thankful for day" meaning "Dear Heavenly Father, we are thankful for this day..." I guess I say that a lot at the beginning of our prayers. At dinner tonight he also started saying "thankful for basketballs, thankful for park, thankful for ice." (he was more interested in chewing on the ice cubes than he was on eating his dinner.) It's so cute to see what he comes up with on his own. I'm glad that he is learning that prayer is important in our home.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
2 comments:
My computer was temporarily crashed (if that is possible) for several days so I'm just catching up on your gratitude posts and they are awesome and inspiring!
That is so sweet of little Xavier. Ethan and Madi still just have me tell them what to say, but on the occasion they come up with something on their own, it does make you proud they are catching on. It is a valuable tool in this crazy world with so many unknowns and I just know our kids are going to need it even more than we ever did!
Post a Comment