Monday, November 17, 2008

I am grateful for....

FOOD! I have come a long way over the years. I wasn't brought up with the best eating habits. My mom worked full time my entire life, so meals were usually made from a box or if my dad was in charge, it was mostly fast food. When I was in high school I started to change my eating habits. Since moving away from home I pretty much avoid fast food as much as possible. I guess I got my fill when I was a kid and it doesn't even appeal to me. I'm not saying fast food is bad, it has it's purpose, but when you grow up eating fast food more often than home-cooked meals it gets a little old.

When I married Tim he didn't marry me for my cooking skills. As newlyweds Tim did most of the cooking. It wasn't until I became a mommy and a stay-at-home-mom that I actually started cooking regularly. I have come to really enjoy cooking and cooking healthy meals. I have realized that when you have great recipes cooking can be fun! Plus it makes me feel good when I have cooked a good healthy meal for my family. Now the tables have turned and I do 90 percent of the cooking. Who would have thought? I'm sure if you ask Tim, he never would have believed the day would come when I would cook as much as I do. Now I am always looking for new recipes to try. It's always exciting to try new foods and I never feel like I am saying "it's spaghetti again tonight."

Oh and if anyone has a recipe they would like to share feel free!

4 comments:

The Lindsays said...

What?! Mom and dad didn't teach us healthy eating habits? The world is crashing underneath me!!!!:-) I'm still battling the terrible habits I learned growing up. Keep those great recipes coming.

Tim R said...

Xavier and I appreciate your cooking skills :)

Aubreydoll said...

Matt and I were the same way when we got married! He did most of the cooking but, thankfully, over the years I've gotten better (and I'm not quite as picky)!

Sarah said...

check out this blog :)

http://itwasamazing.blogspot.com/