Sunday, March 5, 2017

Visit from the Donadieus

I have to rewind a bit and mention a very awesome week for our family.  About 5 days after we moved into our new house the Donadieu family came to visit.  It had been 3 years since we last saw them.  They had done a position in Japan, a short time in Denmark, and were in between assignments so they were able to come back to the states for a long break and time to visit family and friends.  We were lucky to be on their travel list!!  We each have three boys and we all just picked up right where we left off.  There aren't many friends you can do that with.  That's when you know they are the best of the best.

I felt somewhat terrible about the timing of their visit and not being able to provide the most ideal sleeping and living conditions since most our house was in boxes and half our house still wasn't moved in yet.  All the boys camped out on the floor or on air mattresses and Noah and Kendra slept on a mattress on the floor.  They even helped us move the second half of our stuff.  Now that's true friendship!  Boy I'm grateful they were good sports about the whole thing.  We sure had tons of fun while they were visiting.  We took the boys miniature golfing.  It happened to be Porter's first time.  I guess living around the world there are some American things you miss out on.  But I'd say Porter's had a pretty cool life living in so many different places.


The boys happily aiming for the hole.
Sometimes it went in and other times it took some chasing and practice to get it in.
Porter enjoying an American experience.  Ha ha!


This was also the last hoorah for our boys because they started school a couple days after Noah and Kendra's family arrived.
Loving the summer sun and girl chats.
Buds
Love this little red head to pieces.  He's such a delight to be around.  He is the most mild tempered red head I've ever met.  

We stayed up way too late laughing and talking.  We ate from all sorts of places Noah and Kendra don't have the luxury of eating at when they live abroad.  We smiled as we observed all the boys play and get along so well.  Kendra and I had a girls night eating out and shopping together.  We enjoyed each minute they were with us because we knew it would be some time before we saw them again.  When the time came for them to say goodbye and start their next adventure in Sweden I wished I could turn back the clock so we could do it all over again and make it last longer.  We had to say our goodbyes.  After they drove off, the tears came.  We can't wait for their next visit and hope it will be even longer.

0 comments: