Sunday, March 5, 2017

Gavin's Fall Soccer team

Gavin got to play in his first year of competitive soccer.  He was so excited to step things up a notch and was ready for the new challenge.  Most of the kids he'd be playing against were a year or two older than him.  Did this scare him?  No way!
His team name was called the Blue Dragons.
In the six years that I've had kids in sports I can only think of a few times where I was actually able to sit and really get into the game.  Most of the time I spend the games chasing my other little energetic boys on the sidelines trying to catch a glimpse of parts of the game.  Somehow one of the boys captured this rare moment with me sitting in my chair!  
And this was what the game looked like from Reid's point of view.  I love that he got his feet in the picture.

Gavin played one game against Courtney and Nathan Pellegrino so we snapped a shot of them together afterwards.
It starts to get cold by the end of the season.  Here is Gavin's team drinking hot cocoa and sporting their Forks hats.  These kids had a great season and played really well together.  Gavin did great keeping up with some of the bigger kids.  He was fast, aggressive, and always gave 110 percent when he was on the field.  He loved playing soccer and looks forward to playing again next Fall.

0 comments: