This year I didn't get professional family pictures taken and we didn't really have time to have Uncle John take a family pic of us while we were visiting Michigan for Thanksgiving, so I resorted to my own lack of photography ability to take a couple pictures for our annual Christmas card. I think I bribed my kids with everything under the sun to get them all to look at me and smile at the same time. Even with all those carrots being tangled in front of them it took an hour to get something that was remotely acceptable to put on a Christmas card. These were a few of my favorite shots.
My boys clean up real nice.
This one I love. I loved how Reid put his arms around his two big brothers and squeezed them tight. Even after all the chasing, wrestling, teasing, and boy madness, this picture tells me that they really do love each other.
This was just an experiment to try to get a better angle. Reid's face with his little finger near his lips has the slightest clue of mischievous flare while his two brothers are behaving like gentleman.
In contrast to my handsome boys in their nice Christmas sweaters, we made some ugly Christmas sweaters for our ward Ugly Christmas Sweater party. I bought some cheap sweatshirts at Walmart, a bunch of crafting supplies at the Dollar store, and pulled out my glue gun. Within a couple hours, voila! I had created three ugly Christmas sweaters for our boys.
The grey sweater is Gavin's. He designed it himself.
This one is Xavier's sweater. He also designed his and I glued everything on with the glue gun.
Here are the boys modeling their new ugly sweaters. Now off to the church. We couldn't wait to see everyone else with their ugly sweaters too.
We asked Brother Lawton to take a family picture for us, but took a few minutes to round up the kids. While we were trying to get our kids to cooperate Brother Lawton left a few surprises on our camera.
Sister Phelon joined in the fun! She's rocking some awesome earrings.
Here we are, ugly sweaters and all! The committee that organized this event did an awesome job with the decorations. They strung balloons across the entire gym to make them look like Christmas lights and they made the tables look like belt buckles. Super cute!
We had a yummy dinner and the kids sang some Christmas carols for us.
They provided wonderful entertainment for the evening. We had a blast! We are most grateful for our Savior at this time of year and the opportunity we have to reflect on His life, what it means to us personally, and how we can better be like him in the coming year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment