To finish off our Christmas traditions this year I had a day dedicated to baking. This year I decided to cook my three favorite cookies to share with our neighbors and friends. I made red velvet cookies with a cream cheese filling and white chocolate drizzled on top, I made white chocolate chip craisin oatmeal cookies, and the king of all cookies, the Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookie.

When all the cookies were baked, I assembled them into boxes, tins, and plates for various sized families we love! I took the boys on our annual cookie delivery quest and surprised our friends all over the Easton, Phillipsburg, and Bethlehem area. It's so fun to see everyone's smiles when they see a yummy plate full of cookies. It warms my heart to spread some holiday cheer with my boys by sharing our yummy treats baked with love.
Christmas Eve, for us, is always a little different. Sometimes we spend it with friends and other times it's a night just our family. This year was one of those years that was a little more mellow and quiet. Tim picked up some delicious tamales from a local Mexican restaurant that recently opened and we enjoyed a non-traditional Christmas Eve dinner of tamales. They were oh so divine. Tim was probably the most excited!
Then we read from Luke II together and talked about the birth of our Savior.
Each of us found a comfortable spot in the family room to feel the warmth of the fire and listen to the words from the scriptures. After recounting the wonderful and humble story of how our Savior came the the Earth we opened our Christmas pajamas.
Reid was excited to put on his cozy Santa jammies.
Xavier was ecstatic to get Christmas shark pajamas tangled in holiday lights.
I couldn't help but stroke the silky smooth pajamas I got. They were lovely.
Gavin was stoked about his fleece buffalo plaid jams. And for some reason I don't seem to have a picture of Tim with his new basketball shorts (aka Dad pajamas).
The boys immediately took their day clothes off and jumped right into their warm and festive pajamas that they would comfortably snooze in Christmas Eve. All that's left is to convince the boys it's time for bed so that Santa can do his work! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
0 comments:
Post a Comment