Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Birthday Boy

This super cute boy turned 3 years old! It was a school day for the bigger boys, so Reid and I played all day together.

Reid is my dinosaur loving boy!  He loves to pretend he's a dinosaur, he loves to play with all of his dinosaur toys, and he loves to read as many books about dinosaurs as he can.   One time he was pretending to be a T-Rex while we were playing at the park and he  "roared" at a little girl and made her cry.  

Since he's such a dinosaur fanatic I created dinosaur themed birthday decorations.  His birthday banner was dinosaur footprints.

This is how the birthday boy chose to eat his breakfast, in his diaper.  Kind of fitting due to his birthday theme, we can just call him cave boy.
After the big brothers were off to school and we were ready we took a trip to the Crayola Factory.  It was a pretty quiet day and it felt like we had the place to ourselves.  We were able to take our time crafting, drawing, coloring, and creating all sorts of artwork.  
Reid's favorite stop was the canal exhibit.  He enjoyed taking the boat down the river over and over again.
His second favorite stop was this light board.  He'd pull the pegs out and put them back in.  It's a good thing no one else was around because he started guarding the board as if he was the only one allowed to touch it.
Besides all the artsy stuff Reid couldn't get enough of the play area.  He climbed on everything, slid down the slides, and rode on turtles back.
I even drew a birthday message on Mr. Turtle.
We spent most of the day at Crayola.  After I took him to his favorite place to eat lunch....Chik Fil A.  He definitely wore himself out and cashed out in the car on the way home.  I'd say that's a good sign that he was having a fabulous birthday.
We thought it would be fun to break in our new house and celebrate our boys big day with a good old fashioned BBQ.   We invited lots of our friends to celebrate our little guy with us.  The Pellegrino's (Nichol, Jeff, Courtney, Nathan, Landon, and Callen) , Karina and Sebastian, The Rich family (Eric, Ezra, Reba, and Kevin),  the Oringdulphs (Travis, Mary, Hayden, Cye, Bryce, and Lena) and the Suffness family (Max, Tony, Tony, and Kelly).  
We ate hot dogs, Bratwursts, and hamburgers galore!  
Here's most of the crew!
And last, but certainly not least, we ate cake and ice cream.  I was super proud of how this cake turned out.  I wasn't sure if my minimalist baking skills could pull it off, but I somehow managed to make a dinosaur cake that resembled a dinosaur.  Reid was ecstatic to have a green cake and a dinosaur cake all in one.

 As soon as I cut into the cake kids from every corner of the house came scrambling around me.

 ROAR!  That means yummy cake.
Reid opened his presents at the end of the party to find two Dinotrux inside the package.  He was super excited to try them out.

Besides the food, the cake, the fun, the decorations, and all of our friends sharing this moment with us I'm gonna take a moment to express how much we absolutely adore our Reidster.  He is so fun to have around.  He is my little shadow all day long and I couldn't imagine our family without his special and unique little personality.  He gives awesome morning hugs and kisses.  He's so thoughtful of others.  He's goofy and likes to hang with the big boys.  He's smart.  He loves to read.  He loves trucks, dinosaurs and Dinotrux.  He's my sensitive little guy and my tough cookie all in one.  He's got an endless supply of energy and is my cuddle buddy.  He loves to listen to music and sing songs.  I love hearing him randomly break out in song during our daily activities.  He loves to ride his bike wherever we go.   

Celebrating Reid turning 3 was DINO-TASTIC!

0 comments: