Sunday, March 26, 2017

Christmas Day

Santa sure left some nice surprises under the tree!
The boys couldn't wait to go down the stairs and explore the surprises.
No matter what the presents are under the tree, these three boys are the best presents I could have ever asked for!  They fill my heart and soul and give my life meaning and purpose.  I love them every day and hope they know how grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for creating a plan where I could come to Earth and experience a small tidbit of what being a parent is all about.  These boys are little pieces of my heart walking around outside my body and I treasure the happy moments and the learning moments we share together.  Okay, enough of the sappy stuff and onto the Christmas morning chaos.
The boys were thrilled with their gifts.  Reid hugged his fleece Pokemon blanket as if his life depended on it and if he's not looking I might take it.  It is seriously the softest blanket on the planet.
The boys are posing for a picture with their gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Richardson.  Flying monkey's, magic trax, rocket, and a wooden tool box.  Grandma and Grandpa always know what will be a hit with our boys.
Can I go back to bed now?  Soooooooo tired.
Xavier sporting his new sweatshirt.
Gavin too.
Reid excited to try out his new "big" cars.
We have a Bulls fan in the house.  Which is kind of cool because that was one of my favorite teams growing up.  I watched them during the time of Jordan, but my favorite was Scotty Pippin.  We also have a Cavaliers fan.  Their college team is still the Spartans.
Since basketball has been a huge part of our lives this year and the boys have shown a lot of interest in it as far as watching it and playing it, we decided to get them a basketball hoop for Christmas.  (I think that was also a gift Tim wanted for himself.....)  And now that we have our own house and a big enough driveway it was the perfect thing for our family.  The boys and our neighbors play on it all the time.
The final gift and surprise we gave the boys this year was this box.  In it was a special message.......
that baby Richardson #4 would be arriving in July.  The boys were definitely surprised and super excited to have another sibling in the house.  Xavier thinks it will be another boy.  Gavin wants a sister to torment Xavier.  Xavier thinks having a sister would ruin his t.v. choices and he'd have to start watching My Little Pony and other girlie shows.  Gavin loves the idea of that happening and tormenting Xavier.  Oh, little brother love!  Reid has asked for a baby sister for a few months now. Time will tell whose wish comes true.  We asked the boys to keep this a secret from our friends for a little bit longer, but it sure was a special Christmas and one that will be a favorite in my book for years to come.  This time next year I'll be able to say that I have FOUR of the best presents I could have ever asked for, my gems, my kids!

Merry Christmas and I hope everyone can count the many blessings they have in their lives.  I know that my list is quite long and my heart is infinitely grateful for those blessings each day.

0 comments: