Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our Little Athlete

Xavier absolutely loved his sports class. Definitely one thing I miss about California. Xavier even prays for Coach Billy to this day.



Coach Billy and Xavier: What a team!



Xavier liked sitting in the soccer net more than he liked kicking the balls. I guess if soccer is his thing, he'll play goalie.



Basketball was definitely his favorite part of the class. He could have easily won the ball hog award.



Hockey was a little exciting. As you can see the hockey sticks were an adults size and getting one of those in Xavier's hands was asking for trouble. Let's just say you'd want to stay at least 5 feet away from him when he swung the stick. Thank heavens there were only plastic balls and not hockey pucks.



Baseball was his second favorite. After he'd hit the ball he'd run to a base, not necessarily first and just sit on it. Still working on the idea of first, second, and third base.

This was a great class that kept up with Xavier's endless energy.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

What a fun idea!! I wish they had something like that around here.

JennyB said...

So fun! Andrew just started soccer. We had our first game on Saturday, and Andrew stood in the middle of the field watching everybody run by. He was really excellent at giving high fives after his buddies scored a goal though! Can't wait until these boys get to play again. I can just see Xavier's wrist flick as as he shoots the basketball with about the best precision I've ever seen in a toddler!

Aubreydoll said...

Sounds like the perfect class for Xavier! I know there's a sports class around here that I thought about signing Bauer up for, but I think it starts tomorrow...