Before we left California we took one more trip to Monterrey Bay. My parents came to visit our last week and we had a blast at the aquarium. It was amazing! So many things to see and it was right on the water. The Secret Life of Seahorses was their special exhibit this year.
Here are my mom and dad overlooking the aquarium.
They had an entire wing of the aquarium dedicated to kids called the Splash Zone. Xavier enjoyed jumping on this, which was supposed to mimic waves in the ocean. They had slides and all sorts of tunnels to climb through. They also had several water activities.
Many of the exhibits were in dark or dim lit rooms, so we couldn't get very many pictures. I love this one. Xavier is watching sharks and gigantic fish swim around. He was mesmerized. If we let him, he would have stayed there the entire day. He even identified a hammer head shark. I didn't even know he knew what that was....Kids are such sponges.
This was one of my favorites- they had many different species of jelly fish. It's stunning to walk into this room and see this.
The kelp forest was another wow factor at the aquarium.
Xavier even got to touch some starfish and a little crab. They had rays to pet as well, but we couldn't get close enough to pet one.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
3 comments:
What an AWESOME aquarium! I'd love to go there! Oh yeah, and take Bauer, too...
And I have to say, I've always tried to figure out who Xavier looks more like and I haven't been able to put my finger on it....until now! I think he looks SO MUCH like your mom!
Seriously it seems like it was just a party while you guys were in California. Looks like you had a blast. But we are so glad you are back!
Ash...LOVE the picture of Xavier on the ground checking out the sharks, so cute! The picture of mom and dad cracked me up. Dad's always gotta wear that hat?! ;-) Glad you got to have some fun. I'm also glad to hear things are settling down a bit for you. You are a busy-body though so I'm sure you'll find ways to fill your "down" time! LOVE YOU!!!!
Post a Comment