Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Long Trek Back to Michigan

I know my posts seem a little outdated, but I'm still trying to catch up from the last month of stuff.
On our long trek back to Michigan we stopped in Utah for about 4 days. We got to spend some time with my family and some of our best friends the Donadieu's. Here are some highlights.



Two things my family loves to do- play Rock Band and jump on my sister's trampoline. They just barely dug a hole in the ground for it so it's a little safer for the kids. If you look close you can see how it hasn't been filled in. Well, leave it to my son to fall through the cracks. I think he jump on and off the tramp a hundred times. On the 101st try, he happened to miss the step and fell right down into the hole. The first thing he said when we pulled him out was "I want my Giants hat!" Forget that he could have gotten really hurt. Nothing phases this kid.



While we were in Utah they had put together the largest outdoor park in like 24 or 48 hours. Something crazy like that. We decided to check it out. As you can see, the adults had more fun than the kids did.



Ride on cowgirl!


My brother in law was trying to see how close to the ground he could get without falling off. I think he came as close as you could get.


This slide may look like an ordinary slide, but it's about 2 stories high and when I went down it I felt like I was never going to see the end. Small spaces and the dark- a little creepy. Xavier loved it!



Every time we go to Utah it seems like we rarely get a chance to visit Temple Square. We had to take advantage this time around. We told Xavier that we got married in this temple and he kept repeating it the entire time we were there.



Noah and Kendra live close to a small community water park, so we took the boys for the evening. They had a lazy river that freaked Xavier out- so yes, there is one thing that scares my son. But after about 20 minutes he got used to the idea of the water having more control than him.
Xavier even got to ride on his first big water slide. This was the best picture I could get- just the tip of his head. :( Every time he went down his smile stretched from ear to ear and he'd enthusiastically ask to go again and again.




Every time we get these three boys together it's near impossible to get a pic of them all looking at the camera. Finally I got one! Best buds- Porter, Xavier, and Ronan.

This stop in between our endless hours of driving was much needed. We were then ready to shove off and complete the next round of driving. I must tell my hubby thanks for doing all 36 hours of driving to California and all 36 hours back to Michigan. Boy am I spoiled!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

woohoo!!!! LOVED having you guys here with us, and loved seeing you yesterday!! We have been spoiled lately!! I love all those pics, and I don't think I got a good one of the boys, or the temple square ones. If you can I would love some of those copies too!! Miss you guys already, what are we going to do now... hopefully get to see you in a couple of months! Porter asked this morning when we got home, "hey I thought we were going to live in their basement?"

Aubreydoll said...

If you guys like to play Rockband, we have the Beatles version and love it...

And Bauer still talks about Porter and Ronan after playing with them last week!