Our amazingly awesome friends Noah and Kendra and their two boys, Ronan and Porter came to visit us last week. We loved having them here. Plus, after living in Michigan for almost 9 years and saying every summer "we should go to Traverse City". We finally had an excuse to go for the weekend.
Noah and Kendra had the great idea of renting a condo on Lake Michigan for the weekend. So, we packed our bags and headed to the Lake.
We definitely missed seeing this over the summer. The ocean is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But Lake Michigan holds a special place in our hearts and it's just as breathtaking as the ocean. I got to see the sunrise both mornings. :)
Our condo was right on the beach. One word describes the condo- amazing. It was a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom condo with a full kitchen, living room, and dining room. We enjoyed the fireplace and granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms. I definitely wouldn't have minded never leaving. The best part was we got to share it with our friends and hang out all day and night. Porter, Ronan, and Xavier enjoyed jumping off the couch. Oh and in our bedroom we had a little radio that played relaxing sounds like rain, heartbeats, waves, rainforest, and summer sounds.
Porter and Xavier collecting sea shells on the beach.
Roni T.
On our second day we did some window shopping downtown which was fun. Traverse has a lot of fun and unique boutiques and shops. We even tasted some cherry cream soda and cherry caramels. I love caramels and the cherry flavor was delectable.
After our downtown stroll we headed to Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes. Here we are starting the long trek up mounds of sand.
Noah and Kendra taking a rest. I thought once we made it up the top of the first hill we'd be at the water. Oh no, we went over 3 more and still weren't even half way there. We didn't quite make the entire trek to the water. Considering we had 3 kids under the age of 4 we did awesome to make it that far.
Even though we didn't quite make it to the water we found some nature trails that took us right to a 450 ft. drop off right to the water. Here me and Kendra are standing at the top of that drop off.
We love the mitten!
Thanks Noah and Kendra for the super sweet weekend! We miss you guys already. And if Porter still insists on you guys living in our basement, the offer still stands.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
8 comments:
It was fun. Love the pictures. Hope to see you guys again soon. :)
I can't believe those drop-off pictures. What a gorgeous view!
You all look so great.
What an awesome trip, I'm so jealous! Those pictures are gorgeous and I'm sure it was 100 times better in person!
How beautiful and what a fun weekend!
Wow! Such beautiful views...Traverse is still one place I haven't been, and I've lived in Michigan my whole life. I'm glad you guys had fun!
Hi!! By the way, Noah wrote the last one:) I'm much wordier! Just got our internet up finally!!! We had one of the best weekends ever, LOVED going there with you guys:) Great pics too- I'll have to get copies. I didn't get some of those shots! You are the best vacation buddies ever!! We miss you more every day. Porter keeps asking when we are going back to Xavier's! I'll always have especially fond memories of our "romantic" walk on the beach! We had such a blast, can't wait to do it again soon! love you guys! And we'll keep your basement offer in mind:)
We still haven't made it to Traverse City and I don't think we will before we move. It's looks beautiful and sounds like you had a great time!
That looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment