Monday, April 7, 2008

Turkey a.k.a. Ducky

Today was gorgeous here in Michigan. Sunny and 70. You can't get much better than that. I had to take Xavier to the hospital for some blood work this morning. There was this lady in the waiting room sitting close to us. Xavier and his curious little self walked over to her and started pulling on her bag. He saw a stuffed animal poking out of the lady's bag. It turned out to be a turkey. He automatically shouts "DUCKY!". The lady thought he was so adorable she gave him a miniature turkey she had picked up at the hospital's gift shop. The best part about it was it gobbled. Xavier walked around the waiting room carrying his little "ducky"/turkey. It made his day especially when he had to go and get poked with a needle.
Tim and I had eye appointments in the afternoon. Xavier was the center of attention. He had all 3 employees entertaining him and laughing at everything he did. One of the associates gave him a little stuffed pumpkin. He was throwing that all around the store. So, not only did we celebrate a beautiful spring day today. We celebrated Thanksgiving and Halloween too.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Today WAS beautiful! It was good to be with all the girls at the park. I can see how Xavier could charm all those people - he's so cute!

The Lindsays said...

I'm jealous...it's snowed the last couple of days here?! We had a week of beautiful spring weather, but nothing like it since. I'm DYING for some sun...so are the kids! Xavier is growing up so fast, I can't believe how much he's talking. It sounds like he's talking more than Ethan?! Miss you guys!