Reidster is now 1 year old!
We went to an italian restaurant for Reid's birthday. The boys ordered pizza. I thought their meals would come with one big slice of pizza each. When they brought out the food, each kids meal was a whole pizza! I thought we'd be going home with at least one pizza for leftovers. Between the three boys they ate both pizzas and I think only 2 slices were left. Yeah, gone are the days of eating cheap! These boys can eat!!!


After dinner we came home and fed Reid his first cupcake. It was a Batman cupcake.
He wasn't a fan of the frosting. He kept sticking his fingers at it and trying to shake it off his hands. Then Tim turned it upside down and he devoured the entire thing. YUMMY!
He has now entered the world of sugar. There is no turning back now.
Sharing is caring.
Every last bit of the cupcake is gone.
Say "frosting"!
The weekend after Reid's official birthday we held a Milk and Cookies themed party.
I made all the cookie dough ahead of time and just froze them in individual balls of dough. Then the day before the party I baked like a madwoman!
We had chocolate milk, white milk and water for beverages.
These milk cartons were party favors. Inside were yummy chocolate malt balls.
I made chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, white chocolate craisin oatmeal cookies, brownies, and oreo cupcakes (they have an oreo on the bottom of the cupcake and a mini one on top of the frosting).
Our guest list consisted of Conni and Martin McDermott; Lindsay, Brian, Baxter, and Penelope Schaefer; Dan and Christy Dawson; Henry Roberson (minus Saji and Hank); and Karina and Sebastian. A few of our other friends were unable to make it, but it was still a FULL house.
Here is the happy 1 year old!! He is pleased as punch to be able to eat a lot of sugar today.
I must say this boys smile melts my heart. I don't know if it's because he's my third and my other two seem so big compared to him or if I'm growing softer with age, but if he's getting into trouble and he makes this smile I'm a sucker! He might look cute, but he's trouble and that smile gets him out of trouble all the time!!
Brian and Henry
Me, Reid, and Conni
Baxter and Penelope
As tradition would have it below are Reid's interests and likes at age 1.
Favorite fruit: banana (he says "nana")
Favorite veggie: sweet potato and soft carrots or peas (which he calls "balls")
Favorite drink: milk
Favorite treat: cookies
Favorite toy: balls, balls, and more balls
Favorite sport: "Ba ball" which means basketball
Favorite movie: none yet, but he loves Peppa Pig. He makes the "P" sound every time it comes on.
Favorite place to go: anywhere the family goes
Favorite land animal: dogs and birds, he signs both of them every morning when I come to get him out of his crib because he can usually hear them outside his window.
Favorite activity to do with dad: be thrown in the air
Favorite activity to do with mom: snuggle, read, and play peekaboo
Favorite activity to do with Gavin: giggle together
Favorite Book: Baby Einstein and any Karen Katz lift the flap books
Favorite song: All music. He bounces every time music is on.
Favorite game: "I'm gonna get you!" or tickle monster
What is something you've learned this year: Reid has learned a lot- sit, roll, talk, walk, laugh, smile, and much more.
Who is your best friend: The Pellegrino twins
What do you like about yourself? What's NOT to like?
Reid's first year pretty much flew by! I cannot believe a year has come and gone and my little munchkin is toddling around. He's not a baby anymore and I can't imagine our family without him. His smile lights up a room. It's contagious. Pretty much everywhere we go someone comments on how happy and smiley Reid is and I am so grateful. Taking care of three boys has definitely rocked my world a bit this year and many days I am overwhelmed, stressed and just completely exhausted but Reid always manages to brighten my days! His giggles are so adorable and his spirit is kind and gentle. He's my BIG cuddly teddy bear. I am so grateful God has been good to our family and Reid has been such a fabulous addition to this crazy home! I look forward to sharing another year with this kiddo!











0 comments:
Post a Comment