Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tis the Season to be Jolly

These boys make me jolly.  They fill my heart with joy overflowing.  Shockingly, I took a nice winter stroll before the bus came and managed to lull them to sleep.   
We have had two snowstorms.  One when we were in Michigan. Two soon after we got back and it didn't bring much snow, but the boys still had to play in it.  It was a much needed sanity break for mommy who has been in the house way too much this month.
Reid's first real experience with snow.  He wouldn't keep his gloves on and was close to pulling his hat off many times. 
My little 5 eyed monster!!
That smile says it all....7 years old and still eats the snow like its candy.  YUCK!  I don't know how to get him to stop.
For our ward Christmas party I made snowman cupcakes and Gavin and Xavier helped me make the snowmen's faces.
They did a great job!
After many attempts to get 3 wiggly boys to smile this is as good as it's getting.  I'm one lucky mama! I definitely complain more than I should about the messes, the noise, the dirt they get on everything, the constant demand for my attention and the inability for me to have any sort of space, but when I look at all of them together I quickly repent and realize how lucky I am.  God knew I needed boys to help me lighten up and realize the silliness, the unpredictability, and the magic that a little boy brings into the world.

They make me laugh and smile every day!
Big cheese bombers!
Santa with 3 good little boys.
Gavin also performed in his school's Christmas program.  

We got lots of smiles our way.  Giving us a thumbs up.  He was ready to go.
Our shining star had the biggest smile and the biggest voice tonight.  He sang his little heart out and performed like a million dollar kid.

After the program everyone gathers for milk and cookies.  Reid held his cookie until we got home.  Then he decided it was time to eat it.
Xavier was happy to see his little bro do such a great job tonight.
We had to steal a couple shots by our Christmas tree.
This was a great kick off to our holiday festivities.

0 comments: