Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

This year was a memorable year!  Our trip started 
at Jen's house.  We were able to visit the temple along with James and Kathryn.  
I always tell myself I don't get to the temple enough, but it's such a wonderful blessing to go when I have the opportunity.  I am filled with so much peace and freshness of hope and the desire to keep trying to be better.


We also got to see Dave's family (who would not be at Thanksgiving this year)  So Xavier and Gavin were stoked about seeing Kameron at least for a little bit.

Our second stop was Joe and Amy's house.  Xavier was in awe watching Gabe play Pokemon and he probably took notes the entire time.  Gavin hung with the girls most of the time.  Unfortunately, the first night we were there all three of my boys came down with a stomach bug.  Gavin was the first to get hit and threw up late evening.  We kept him on the couch so we could keep an eye on him.  Then I went to bed and got woken up by Xavier not too long after falling asleep.  He had thrown up all over the many layers of sleeping bags that were cushioning him on the floor.  After I got all the bedding cleaned up as well as Xavier I layed back down.  Soon after another one bit the dust.  Poor Reid was the last to get it. It was 5 am at this point and I felt like I had been hit by a train.  I was just hoping Tim and I and Joe's family wouldn't be the next victims. 

Xavier has thrown up twice in his entire life. Knock on wood.  Gavin, about the same.  So to have kids throwing up when we are not at home has got to be the worst.  Amy was an angel and such a good sport.  I think we dirtied every blanket they owned.  She was so gracious and wonderful through it all.  I'm grateful for her help and support.  The throw up didn't last and the kids were fine the next morning. Phew!  And Joe and Amy's family didn't get it.  Double PHew!


Our next stop was John and Reva's house.  The boys had a blast pulling out all of Zach and Eli's old Star Wars, Transformers, and Bionicle toys.  Zach and Eli had some fun times re-living their little boy years with their young cousins.  Xavier and Gavin thought Zach and Eli were the coolest kids on the planet.  Of course,  Xavier loved hanging out with Abbi too.  They always have so much fun together.  It's great to see how well they get along.

We also managed to stop by our dear friends, the Prossers house.  It is always so neat to see that even when months and months pass the kids had oodles of fun playing together and the grown ups had a great time catching up on family news.

We went to see an MSU basketball game with John's family, Joe's family, and James' family.  It was totally awesome!  Reid LOVED loved loved....(did I say loved?) the basketballs.

Next stop, Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Xavier definitely loved his baby cousin Regan lots.  He was so gentle and sweet with him.  The youngsters helped make the stuffing for the turkey.


As tradition would have it Tim sported his Movember look.  I think I might be in a food coma here.

Kathryn and I went running Thanksgiving morning together.  It was nice to get some girl time and some exercise.  I am determined not to gain weight over the holidays!  We then did our usual eat, shoot clay pigeons, family football, and lots and lots of talking and laughing.  A few families were not with us this year: Cory and Suzy, Dave's family, and John's family Poor Abbi was throwing up which I think we passed to her.  I felt so bad. (On a side note; the stomach bug finally caught up to me too.  I didn't throw up but my stomach was not right for the next two days.  Not a fun way to end a trip.  But I made the best of it. )

Tim and I left Xavier and Gavin with Grandma and Grandpa for a sleepover.  Tim, Reid, and I rented a hotel room along with Joe and Amy.  We then went Black Friday shopping.  First we went to breakfast.  Reid got the cutest pig pancakes ever and a smoothie.
Then off to shop, shop, and shop some more.  Reid was a great shopping buddy.  He's great at keeping secrets too.
Tuckered out and it was only 10 am.

Mall pit stop to run around a bit.


I may look happy, but man it's not fun to shop when you're nauseous and your stomach feels like crap!  Thanks to Amy.  She was a lifesaver once again and gave me one of her anti-nausea pills to get me through the shopping day.  (and no I am not pregnant.  It's all related to the stomach bug. :)

We at a late lunch and got to meet up with Tim's buddy from MBA school Carlos and his wife Ali.  They just had a baby girl this year and it was wonderful to meet Isla and see their cute little family.

We picked up the kids at Tim's parents and headed back to Joe's house for our last night.  9 days were here and gone in a flash.  It's so wonderful seeing family and enjoying their company when we are able.  I just wish it was more often.  I am so grateful to have such a BIG family with so many wonderful and amazing people in it.  I am so very blessed in so many ways.  It is my hope that I am ALWAYS grateful for each day, each breath, each moment God grants me with these wonderful people I call family.

0 comments: