Four times a year the PTA at Xavier's school hosts Kids Night Out. This year I wanted to volunteer my time to this fun night. It was fun to see Xavier with all of his friends and spend some time with him.
They went to a room where they did puzzles, toss games, stacking games, etc.
Then they had a snack. This is one serious conversation Xavier is having with his buddy Zaki.
Then they went to the art room to create wreaths of things they were grateful for this year. Xavier put his family, his friends, his nintendo DS, nature, animals, and books. I had a blast getting to know a lot of the kids Xavier goes to school with and to see my little guy in his element.
Xavier is also taking a Robotics class. He first builds something out of legos and then uses the computer to program it to perform actions. This alligator he did had a motion sensor that would chomp his mouth if something moved in front of it. The lion he made would lay down and also roar. Such neat things he's learning to do on the computer. I'm definitely feeling a little technologically inferior and my son is only 7. I can't even imagine what I won't know when he's in high school.





0 comments:
Post a Comment