Saturday, January 28, 2012

Latest Projects

I recently got another calling at church. This will be my third calling, but it is probably my favorite. I am on the committee that plans our monthly Relief Society meetings. I have kind of been in charge of making the posters and invitations for each activity. This is what I have done so far.....



We had a cookie exchange in December so I made large Gingerbread Girls for the posters.

In January we did a night in Italy theme. I decided to make the posters to reflect the Italian flag with a plate on it. Mangia! Mangia! means Eat! Eat! We had a sister teach us how to make Biscotti and homemade noodles. We had an Italian themed potluck dinner. And we made tiles with vinyl lettering that said Mangia! Mangia! to display in our homes.

Our activity for February is a Spa Night theme. I made face masks for the invitations. I made 50 of them and let me tell you I spent way too much time on this one. Next time I plan on making something a little more simple. (says the perfectionist who always goes the extra 10th mile)



I am excited for our March activity because we are having a Super Saturday craft event. We are calling it "Souper Saturday" and will be serving soup as the lunch. We will be doing a lot of different crafts. The one I was in charge of was a wreath. It was a nice excuse for me to make a wreath for my door for Valentine's day. Its made out of felt. It was so easy and fun to make.

0 comments: