Saturday, January 21, 2012

18 months old

Gavin is 18 months old this month!


18 Words and phrases that describe Gavin:
Engaged in mischievous causes always! Mama's boy Silly
Happy Cuddly Ferocious Appetite Active
Curious Copy-cat Admires his big brother Determined
Stubborn Vocal Charming
Loving Handsome Social Enjoys music & dance
Bonus: Extremely Observant

Gavin loves to wear all of my hats. If I try to take this purple hat off of his head and replace it with his hat he screams every time. He wears this purple hat out in public. I'm not afraid to allow my kids to express their fashion preferences.

The most exciting milestone for Gavin this month is that he gets to go to Nursery. He is the only boy. I think he enjoys being around all the ladies.

Gavin is starting to favor big trucks, fire trucks, and race cars. He still enjoys playing with any ball he can find. He LOVES music, especially the Rio soundtrack and the songs from Alvin and the Chipmunks. He even has his own little dancing style. It's so fun to see him bob his head up and down and move his body whenever music comes on.

He is perfectly content putting things inside jars, boxes, bowls, and cups. For example, he scribbles a little bit, but he'd rather take the crayons out of the box and put them in the box. Take them out of the box. Put them in the box.

Gavin is in a copy cat phase. He loves following Xavier around the house trying to do everything he does. He imitates sounds and actions.

Gavin is also quite busy in every way. I pretty much can't take my eyes off of him for a second or he's dancing on the kitchen table, climbing on the big bed in his room to stand in the windowsill, climbing on the kitchen counter, or pushing chairs around the house to get to something he wants that he's not supposed to have. I've got poison control on speed-dial because I've had to call 4 times already. (He's eaten toothpaste, tried to drink mop water, and attempted to taste icy hot) Baby proofing is a constant process in our house. I move things higher and then he figures out how to get higher. Pretty soon things can't get much higher.

All in all Gavin is a joy to have around. He loves to have fun and laugh and brings so much joy into our home.


0 comments: