Sunday, January 15, 2012

Philadelphia Zoo

Our first visit to the Philadelphia Zoo was in December. Can you believe it? It was 50 degrees and sunny. A perfect day to be outside. The animals thought so too. Most of the animals were outside and active. It was wonderful! I can say I'd much rather visit the zoo on a day like this than when it's super hot outside and all the animals do is sit in the shade.

The Philadelphia Zoo is America's First Zoo.
The boys enjoyed watched the monkeys and gorillas. They had a downstairs viewing area and a second story viewing area. I think there were 6 gorillas. The most I'd ever seen at one zoo. As soon as Gavin saw the gorillas he started thumping his chest. Too cute.

"The gang"
Gavin couldn't get enough of the giraffes. He kept pointing at the giraffe then looking at me and giggling. They are kind of funny looking.

The Polar Bears, one of my favorite animals.





The lions and tigers were a hit as well.

We stopped for a bit of lunch. We had a bunch of fries and somehow a handful ended up on the ground. This thankful little squirrel snagged them as fast as he could. The kids failed to read he sign that said "Don't feed the squirrels." Oops.

Ronan is such a fast little fella that we didn't get him in many photos. He was too busy enjoying the sights and sounds of all the animals.

0 comments: