Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Cat in the Hat Re-enactment

February has been the month of sickness in our household. Poor little Gavin has had one thing after the other. Xavier has had a cough that has been lingering since his last cold in the middle of December. We have been going to the doctor a lot and besides school and soccer for Xavier, we have been home way more than usual. The boys have been great sports and I found them sitting in front of the window one day watching the rain fall.

When I saw the two sitting there the words from Cat in the Hat popped into my head

"The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house All that cold, cold, wet day.
I sat there with (Gavin), we sat there we two. And I said, “How I wish we had something to do!” Too wet to go out and too cold to play ball. So we sat in the house. We did nothing at all. So all we could do was to Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit! And we did not like it. Not one little bit."

I'm so glad they have each other, especially on days like this when they can't be outside or play with their friends. They have each other. They will always be the best of friends. (at least that is my hope and dream)

0 comments: