These pictures were taken right after the boys woke up. They still have those tired eyes. Can I just say that they melt my heart!!
Lately I have had so many moments where I just stand in the background watching them play together and it makes me smile. Xavier is so sweet and patient with Gavin even when he's being grumpy. Gavin adores his big brother. One morning in particular the boys were sitting on Xavier's bed. Xavier was rockin' out with his guitar and Gavin was flipping through the pages of a book. Gavin had a huge smile on his face and was bobbing his head up and down to Xavier's jam. They were both giggling. It was so neat to witness that moment of brotherly bonding. As a mother it is so great to see their relationship thrive. I'm so glad they have each other.
On another note, the reason I took these pictures is because it reminded me of something I used to do as a little girl. When it got cold in the winter, I used to always sit on the heaters in my house with a blanket over me. There were many times when I fell asleep on my bedroom floor by the heater or even the hard kitchen floor. I would even study for exams in the corner of our living room with a blanket over the heater anticipating the warmth and comfort it would bring.
Now my boys do the same thing. It makes me laugh every time I see Xavier and Gavin curled up over one of our heating vents. I definitely know the simple joy it is to feel the warm air blowing through those vents.

The boys trying to give me silly faces.
Good morning cuddles are so nice. A lazy morning was definitely enjoyed by me and the boys.
1 comments:
Nice post. Grandpa R.
Post a Comment