Sunday Xavier gave his first talk in Primary. I can't believe he has reached this milestone already. His talk was about how Noah was blessed for choosing the right. We took time the week before his talk to discuss the story of Noah and why he was blessed. Then we wrote out the story of Noah and the Ark in Xavier's words and how it related to the topic he was given. We practiced a few times during the week to make sure he was comfortable sharing his talk with others. Then on Sunday he got up and read his talk all by himself. (with the exception of a couple big words I had to help him with). It was funny because when he stood at the podium I could tell he was a little nervous. I moved the microphone down a little so it was right at his level and he wouldn't talk. Then he said, "Mom I don't want to talk into the microphone." I said we could move it out of the way if he could talk loud enough for all the children to hear. He was confident that he could do that so I moved it out of the way. I was so proud of him for his hard work and for the wonderful talk he shared with the primary.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
1 comments:
He's taking after his parents! Strong, smart, and confident!
Post a Comment