Saturday, February 18, 2012

Laurie Berkner Band

Xavier and I went on a mommy son date over the weekend. I surprised him with tickets to see the Laurie Berkner Band. If you haven't heard of her she is a fabulous children's musician and one of our favorites. We listen to her songs over and over and over. I was so excited for Xavier and I to see her perform in person. We were on the 10th row, so we had a great view of everything.


This is Xavier on our way to the Allentown Symphony Hall where her band was performing. He's just a little excited.

Me and my boy!

My camera's zoom is kind of lame, so this is the best shot I had. The theme of the concert was animal party. So they sang a lot of songs having to do with animals. Xavier was in awe for the first 15 minutes. He didn't want to sing along, he just sat, watched, and soaked it all in. By the end of the concert he was jumping up, dancing around, and singing along to the songs.

I love that he loves music as much as me. It's something I hope we can always enjoy together.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How awesome! I love dates with Skyler. They always make me realize just how much I love her! This sounds like the coolest concert!

Linz said...

I am so jealous!! That is awesome!!!