Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Xavier's 3rd Birthday Party

We had Xavier's 3rd Birthday Bash on Saturday. He had a blast! I had kind of decided to do a balloon theme because Xavier's really liked the movie Up this year. I did a balloon pop-up card for his invitation, which I'll have to post on here.



I made a balloon banner.



We also put balloons around the house and had a bunch loose for the kids to play with. The balloons were a hit with the kiddos.



My wonderfully creative and crafty husband thought it would be fun to make an Up house on Thursday night. Once he gets an idea in his head he doesn't give up until it's done. So he found an actual plan for an Up house online and built this. He stayed awake until 4 am completing the framework. Then Friday he painted it and added all the detail. Saturday before the party he added the balloons.



Here is the final product. I think Tim missed his calling as an architect. He also happened upon a Mr. Frederickson luggage tag at school, so we put it on the porch of the house. I also had a hand puppet that looked like a snipe, which we put on the top of the house.



I made cupcakes for Xaviers cake and frosted them all different colors. Then I attached ribbon to the bottom of each one. When all the cupcakes were frosted I arranged them to look like a balloon bouquet.



The main activity was a snipe hunt. I gathered all the kids together and told them that Mr. Frederickson called me and said he needed help finding his snipe.
First I showed them what a snipe looked like.
Then I asked Xavier to tell everyone the sound a snipe makes.
Third I told them they had to clap their hands and say "Here snipey, snipey."
Fourth I gave them each a piece of chocolate to feed to the snipe when we found it.
Last I told them there would be some clues around the house that would lead us to the snipe.

After they found all the clues we ran outside to the Up house to find the snipe sitting on top of the roof.



Most of Xavier's friend were able to make it to his party, which I was really happy about. This was his birthday party, but more importantly we wanted Xavier to have one last fun party with all his friends before we move next month. Xavier was so happy to have all his buddies at his house all at once.

We may not have a lot of space, but everyone had lots of fun despite the cramped quarters. This is who was at the party:

Grandma and Grandpa Richardson
Aunt Mary
Katie, Kameron, and Allison Richardson
Garret, Daniell, Addison, and Braelyn Miner
Aubrey and Bauer Boardman
Brandon, Aimee, Aiden, and Connor Walsh
Michela, Joel, Yohann, and Ewen Griffin
David, Sylvia, Asher, and Nelina Anderson
Emily, Ellie, and Kate Becker
Jamie, Cohen, and Eli Helgesen

Thanks to everyone who was able to enjoy this special day with us. We love our friends and family!



The birthday boy! For weeks Xavier has been telling everyone that he was going to get Donald, Douglas, and Molly (trains from Thomas the Tank Engine) for his birthday. I had originally been planning on something else for his gift, but we knew if he didn't get his trains for his birthday he'd be disappointed. After all the festivities we had him open our gift. He was so excited when he opened the box. All he could do was shout "I got Donald, and Douglast, and Molly!" over and over again.



I can't believe another year has passed and my little boy isn't so little anymore. He is becoming such a big boy! He brightens our days and we can't imagine life without this bundle of energy and excitement. Xavier is our train loving, bubble blowing, mischief making, car racing, ball throwing, guitar playing, creative thinking, shark hunting, dare devil, loveable, and irreplaceable one of a kind amazing boy!

2 comments:

The Lindsays said...

What a fun party! And Tim...nice work on the house! :)

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

It was so much fun, and as always you guys did an amazing job! Those invites were so good, I seriously can't throw it away just yet:)