Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring has Sprung

The last couple weeks have been absolutely gorgeous here in Michigan. It's been sunny and in the 60's and 70's. We've been outside enjoying the weather as much as possible. The one thing that makes me smile right now every time I go in and out of my house is this picture:



I have tulips, daffodils, and some kind of purple flower in my backyard. Xavier loves helping daddy weed and water the flowers. He has his very own corner of the garden that he digs in for hours.



Today was an especially rainy day. Xavier is my amazing puddle jumper! Luckily for him there is a permanent puddle of water right in front of our carport. I finally got Xavier some rain boots. He loves them and we decided to break them out on this rainy day.

I had to run some errands so we hopped in the puddles and then hopped in the car. As we were driving to Party City to pick up a helium tank and balloons for Xavier's birthday party it started to rain so hard I couldn't see 2 inches in front of me. I was terrified. Not only that, but I was asking myself why on earth I'm running errands on such a rainy day. I said a little prayer to keep us safe and I just kept driving hoping the rain would lighten up quickly. We arrived at Party City a couple minutes later just in time to hear the tornado warning sirens go off. I called Tim and asked him what i should do. He said to go inside. As we were in the store the employees announced that they would be heading to the basement for shelter. They left me with the choice to leave or join them in the basement. I chose the latter of course. So Xavier got to play with all their extra party supplies. Thankfully he didn't destroy anything and was actually really good while we were in the basement.

After about 10 minutes we were able to leave the basement. We quickly bought our balloons and helium tank and headed home. When we got home I noticed there were a ton of worms in our parking lot. Xavier loves to look at the worms, so I decided we'd stay outside and play in the puddles.



Here is the worm Xavier picked out to be his little friend.




Xavier is showing me his worm. He named him Russell.

We also learned some interesting facts about worms today. They have 5 hearts. They don't have eyes. They can sense light. They are hermaphrodites. They grow in cocoons the size of a piece of rice.



When daddy got home Xavier didn't want to be in the house any longer. So he went for a ride on his bike. He's only ridden this a handful of times and he's really starting to get the hang of it. When he rides it around the neighborhood he tells me he's going on a journey.

1 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Wow, I learned quite a few things about worms!! And, I'm not really sure where I was when all the tornado sirens were going off and everyone was in their basement, but I didn't know about any of it until I saw Facebook updates hours after it had happened!!