My extremely creative and talented party planning friend, Aubrey, threw me a baby shower on Saturday. It was perfect! Every little detail was covered from the food, to the decorations, to the games, and the great company. I hate to admit this, but I was the only thing not perfect that day because I showed up a half an hour late. Yeah I'm a dork! My pregnancy brain is definitely less than stellar. I thought it started at 11 and I had a cheerful call from Aubrey at about 10:45 asking if I was still coming? Of course I was, but apparently I had the time wrong. I was supposed to be there by 10:30. Big woops!
This is what the invite said:
It's that time of year when the snow starts to melt,
When joy for the warmth is always heartfelt.
But along with the sun there will also be showers,
To ensure that May will being plenty of flowers.
So as we look forward to each little sprinkle,
We see Ashley's eye holds a small, sparkling twinkle.
For she knows that her bud will be a tad late to bloom,
As he's set to arrive sometime in June.
So let's shower Ashley with laughs and attention,
As she showers "Baby" with love and affection!
This is what the invite said:
Here are the rest of the details in pictures. Aubrey also has a great talent for taking pictures, so all of these are from her.... :)
First, the decorations:
Since I'm having another boy Aubrey decided to do a baby essentials shower. Since it was held in April she went with an April showers theme and "sprinkles" of attention on the mom-to-be.
The food was delicious. It was a brunch style buffet with crepes and breakfast burritos. I had one of each. Yum yum!
Could this be any cuter?!
THE GAMES:
First, everyone had to tell a parenting story. I had to pick the funniest, the sweetest, and the most dramatic. It was fun to hear all the great stories that us mom's can relate to. We had a lot of good laughs.
The second game we did was the baby alphabet. We had to write down something that had to do with babies for every letter in the alphabet within 2 minutes.
The third game was the most entertaining. Everyone had to find a partner. Then each team chose which person would be the baby and which would be the mom. Then the "mom" had to feed baby food to the "baby". Everyone was a good sport about wearing a bib and having another adult feed them! Here are some great pics!
Then I opened gifts and chatted some more with the girls!
Left to right: Lynda Zechar (one of Tim's coworkers from MAC! Love this lady!), Marisa Christensen, Katie, Val Abenroth, Tiffany Alldredge, Alexis Phillips, Stephanie Prosser, Daniell Miner, and Ann Overson.
I had so much fun and I'm so glad I got to have some more girl time. I'm definitely soaking it all in while I can. Thanks to my wonderful friend Aubrey for planning the whole event and for all the wonderful ladies who came to share this moment with me and my soon-to-be little guy!
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
4 comments:
What a great idea for a shower...super cute. Also, LOVE the haircut!
YOU LOOK SO FABULOUS!!!
I swear, you and Aubrey should team up for a book of creative ideas for kids, playdates, parties, etc. You are both so awesome at it!
Cute pictures! I had so much fun. Now, I can't wait to meet this little guy!!
I had so much fun planning it and I'm so happy that you had such a good time! I really wish you were going to be here so we could meet that sweet little baby!
Post a Comment