I only have a couple pictures from Easter. I had charged my camera the night before knowing I'd be taking lots of pictures at Grandma and Grandpa's house. When we started taking pictures our camera died. Low and behold after investigating the matter I found a 9 minute video clip Xavier had taken of himself playing with the camera. Note to self: Don't leave camera where Xavier can reach it. Tim's mom let me take a bunch with her camera, so when I get those I'll post them.
This is Xavier's Easter basket. Xavier is obsessed with whales, dolphins, and sharks right now. His favorite are sharks, so I went with a shark theme for his basket. I included a National Geographic book about sharks, a shark plane, a great white shark toy figurine, a dolphin figurine, a shark hat, a few wind up ocean toys, some shark stickers, a hammerhead shark hand puppet, and one m&m bunny.
The night before Easter Xavier couldn't wait for the Easter bunny to come to Grandma and Grandpa's house. He was 100% certain that the EB was going to bring him a shark. So after he was in bed I put out his basket. I found some plastic shark eggs and had a trail of them leading up to his basket.
At about 2 am Tim said Xavier woke up and was pretty much in and out of sleep the entire night. He couldn't wait until morning for the Easter bunny. It's kind of funny how excited he got because we didn't talk about the Easter bunny much at all until a couple days before Easter.
Finally when it was time to wake up for good Xavier followed his shark egg trail to his basket and was amazed at all the shark stuff! We got up pretty early and didn't want to wake up anyone else so we told Xavier to whisper. That was basically impossible once he had his shark toys in hand.
We also had an amazing Easter dinner as always and our annual easter egg hunt. Xavier has a tendency to try to open the eggs and eat the candy as he goes. I kept trying to tell him that if he just put as many eggs as he could into his basket he'd have more candy at the end. Well, the desire for instant gratification won him over. He probably only got about 15 eggs. (There are at least 300-400 eggs thrown all over Grandma and Grandpa's backyard. That was enough for him anyway since he's been on a sugar high all week from his 4 total egg hunts.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
2 comments:
Oh boy, that bunny picked the wrong basket to hop into!!
It's ok, the picture of Jesus was there to protect the M&M's bunny.
Post a Comment