Friday, May 15, 2009

Xavier's Family Birthday Party

You're probably all wondering why on earth would we have 2 parties? Well, we don't have a lot of space in our townhome and Tim's family is just so darn big that we had to have his friends over on a separate day. From here on out I've decided we're just going to have a celebration with our immediate family (Tim, me, and X) and as he gets older invite friends to join the celebration. This year we planned it this way so that we could see everyone before we go to California for the summer. Tim's entire family made it over for this special day and we were so grateful to spend time together. It was a super day and Xavier was tuckered out from all the fun.



Pinata- it kind of looks like a boat, but it's supposed to be a train.



Xavier and his cousins- opening some presents.



I love this picture. Amelia was such a big helper in getting those candles blown out. We couldn't have blown them out without her. :)



Our friends, the Warners, drove all the way from Grosse Pointe to be here for X's party. It was awesome to see them. I just giggle every time I see this picture of Isaac and Xavier. Isaac has the best smile around! Could there be a happier kid on the planet?



I did a train cake for the family party. When I saw the how to video online they made it look so easy, but it wasn't as easy as it looked. If Tim hadn't helped me I think I would have given up, but it turned out!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Great job on the cake!

The Lindsays said...

When we got the party invitation it was such a bumber that we couldn't be there to celebrate with you guys. Looks like a good time. I love all your cute ideas for both parties. It would be Ethan's heaven! You don't mind if I steal a couple for his birthday, do you?! ;-) LOVE YOU, XAVIER!!!