Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Third grade field trip

Xavier's third grade class visited the Davinci Science Center.  Of course I love a good field trip, so I tagged along as one of the chaperones.
The boys dug for dinosaur bones.
Nathan and Xavier explored levers and pulleys.
Justin tried so hard to pull to weight down.
So did Xavier, but it just wouldn't work.
The main exhibit was called "Grossology" and they got to learn all about different animal poops and the many scientific discoveries that can be made through an animals poop.  Each class got to participate in  a demonstration on pee and poo.  Plus there were interactive games showing how food gets digested, what's the grossest animal poop, and so many other lovely things.  The only thing I could think was how appropriate this topic was for boys.  (And they were actually allowed to say poop when they weren't in the bathroom- a boys dream) My nightmare......just kidding.  There was a life sized submarine play ground for the kids to burn off some energy, a dark tunnel to climb through, a small touch and feel aquarium, and so much more!  The kids even got to go into a science lab where they made slime and other gross stuff in teams.  I know more about poop than I could have imagined, All in all we had a gross-tastic time.

0 comments: