Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Mother's Day with my 3 sons

Mother's day started with our traditional breakfast in bed (and I got to sleep in) Just getting to sleep in is enough of a gift for me!  But it didn't end there.....
The thing that makes me most happy in life is when these boys are together AND getting along.   The picture above was during one of the coldest AND wettest baseball games we've been to for Xavier.  We sat under the umbrella to stay dry and had multiple layers, (and at one point mittens and hats) to keep our bodies warm.  I had to pull out some mini Oreos to keep their spirits up.  These two little guys were troopers and smiling all the way.  It's because of my 3 boys that I am honored to be their mother.  They teach me so much and motivate me to be a better mom and person every day.  They love me unconditionally and accept me, imperfections and all.  They even tell me I'm the best mom in the world.  Even though I know this is far from the truth, it feels good to hear that from them every now and again.  It makes each day, the good and the hard, worth it!
At church I helped my friend Nichol and the Elders Quorum host an ice cream sundae social for all the women during Relief Society.  We were able to enjoy some yummy treats and be together as women, mom's and sisters for the hour.
Me and my X-man.
Me, Gavin, and Reidster.
This kid gives such awesome hugs!
My biggest kid of all.  He spoiled me with love and took on a lot of "mommy" duties for the day.  This was our dinner.....steak, corn, asparagus with mushrooms, and caprese salad.  Everything was wonderful.  I sure love my boys and I'm grateful to take this day each year and reflect on just how lucky I am.

I don't need a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow......My treasures are already with me!

0 comments: