The month of June has been one crazy busy overwhelming month! We started out with our quick trip to Michigan. Came back home to finish Xavier's last week of school. I had just a few days to unpack from our Michigan trip to then prepare for Tim's parents to come and stay with us and pack for our week long trip to England. During the last week of school my little Gavin, who never naps and pretty much is the Energizer bunny came home from Xavier's Kindergarten program, took off his coat, and fell asleep in the entry way of our house. I knew he was coming down with something. In the middle of the night I woke up to him in our bed gasping for breath. I instantly knew the sound of the barking cough and the distressed breaths. CROUP! I hurried downstairs to give him a breathing treatment which did not help. So I ended up having to rush him to the ER. The doctor's gave him an oral steroid to open his airways and they gave him another breathing treatment. Finally, my boys breathing was back to normal. Instead of preparing for my trip I ended up spending the latter part of the week trying to nurse Gavin back to health. Every day he seemed so weak and tired. He would just lay on the couch and nap for a couple hours. Whatever virus he had, it knocked him out bad.
Then Grandma and Popeye came! It was the best medicine for Gavin. He was thrilled to have them "sleep over" at our house. We had a few days to acclimate them to our routines, schedules, and places we frequently visited, one of which was the park.
This picture just has cool written all over it.
Of course, we had to stop by our favorite ice cream parlor-the Bank Street Creamery aka. Purple Cow.
Yum.
Xavier made Tim take his picture in front of these monkeys. Hear no evil.
See no evil.
Speak no evil.
Gavin was the last one finished. He definitely likes to savor his food.
We were also able to celebrate Father's Day and Popeye's birthday before we left.



0 comments:
Post a Comment