Happy Birthday to me! Wednesday Tim also worked so I got to spend the day on my own. I decided to get some exercise and do the Long Walk again in the morning. Afterwards, I stopped by a nail salon and got a manicure and pedicure.
I took a picture of myself. One year older and wiser.
Then I went home, showered, got ready and took a walk by Eton College and there is a nice river path along the Thames. So, I ate lunch at a yummy Italian restaurant and enjoyed the sunshine along the Thames River. (My birthday was the only sunny day of our trip and the warmest day of the trip. I'm counting it as London's gift to me on my birthday)
It was interesting as I sat by myself and watched people go by how often I found myself thinking Xavier would love to ride a boat on this river or Gavin would have loved to feed these swans and ducks or the boys would have enjoyed this or that. I sure missed my little guys! I was definitely able to realize how blessed I am at 31. I have a wonderful husband, two wonderful boys, another boy on the way, and I feel like I am content and happy with the choices I have made so far in my life. I feel lucky to be healthy. I feel blessed to have the gospel. I feel blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family in my life. I feel blessed to be able to have children. And I feel blessed to be experiencing England, something I've wanted to do since I was little. I am blessed to have had one more year of experiences that have made me stronger and have helped me grow. I couldn't ask for anything more.
On that note, I decided to rest my weary pregnant body before our night out. So in honor of not having kids on my birthday I took another nap. Am I boring or what?
31 years old, 26.5 weeks pregnant with baby #3. Time to party!
Tim and his co-workers Jason and Krista met up with me to celebrate my birthday.
Tim's colleague Dominic and his wife Gilly hosted dinner at their house. It was lovely! She made wonderful starters, a dinner of roasted veggies, Salmon, and salad, AND 3 desserts to top it off.
My cake. Divine.
Merengue with cream and raspberries.
Brownies and the lovely host showing off her delicacies. My belly was about to burst after eating so much! But it was all so good I couldn't resist.
After dinner we decided to walk off some of those calories we consumed. We savored our last night in Windsor and all the sights and sounds that we would remember from this week. The people I have met here in England have been so kind, hospitable, and welcoming. This next year of my life is off to a great start with more adventures and blessings and exciting things to come.




0 comments:
Post a Comment