Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 1- Windsor

 Our flight was at 10 at night, which we thought would be great for sleeping.  Unfortunately, I maybe slept an hour.  We hit some pretty bad turbulance which felt like we were on a rollercoaster and I was a little worried.  I will admit, images of us crashing into the ocean entered my mind several times.  My worst fear on this trip was not returning home to my babies....... (Tim did tell me after we left the airport that that was the worst turbulence he's ever felt.  Oh, that's comforting, seeing that he's traveled the WORLD!! I'm sure glad he didn't tell me that until after we landed)  I didn't mean to start on such a bummer note, but after that all was smiles and excitement.  

We stopped by our hotel to check in and freshen up a bit although I will warn you in these pictures I'm going on barely any sleep and I'm still in the same clothes I wore the day before. We decided to walk around and explore. Our hotel was across from the Windsor castle.  We kind of walked around to see the outside of it.

As a female, you read stories about princes and princesses and castles all your life and then to actually see a real castle was pretty neat.  To imagine what it would be like to be royalty and live in a place like this is incomprehensible to my simple mind.






We couldn't pass up a photo opportunity by the infamous red telephone booths. 

At the same time each day the changing of the guard takes place and everything pretty much stops while it's happening.  It was awesome to see all the soldiers in the red and black uniforms and those big tall black furry hats they wear.

After walking around several hours we headed back to the hotel for this pregnant lady to rest her feet.  Almost 7 months pregnant, jet lag, no sleep, and being somewhere I've always wanted to visit all in one day called for a little R&R before another big day tomorrow.

0 comments: