Albert Einstein once said "Imagination is more important than knowledge." I fully agree with this statement and we have been using it a lot to have fun while being at home so much lately. It's kept us busy and kept us from going bonkers in our house. We have turned our house into a pirate ship and looked for treasure, we've gone into the deep ocean searching for sharks and whales, we've built huts and hibernated like bears and we've made some fun recycled crafts to add to our creative fun. See below for details.We learned about the Arctic this week. To introduce this topic I put together a sensory tub filled with cotton balls for snow, clear rocks for glaciers, blue and white pom poms for the ocean, silver sparkly pom poms for snowflakes and some arctic animals for Xavier to search for and find. A lot of the animals were white and blended in perfectly with the cotton balls, so it made it a challenge for Xavier to find them all. He had fun and learned some fun facts while playing.
He then took all the animals and Eskimos and created his own play with them. He doubled the fun!
I made some ice cube sail boats for Xavier to play with in our kitchen sink. He took his sailboats for some great adventures.


Oh and we couldn't forget his sponsor: M&M's.
6 comments:
Okay, Ashley...do you want to be my kids' mom?! You are amazing! What fun!
You are so creative I love the activities you thought of.
These are awesome!!! How do you do the ice cube sailboats? So fun. Do you do your prep when the kids go to bed? How often does Tim get to work from home?
You rock, Ashley!
Linz-
I just glue paper triangles to toothpicks. I put water in the freezer and let it set, then I poked the semi-hard water with the toothpicks and let it continue to freeze. A lot of them seemed to tip over in the water, so maybe pick a lighter paper or maybe even contact paper.
I do my prep whenever I can get a free minute and I'm a night owl. I don't get much sleep so I can get workouts in, cleaning done, and projects completed.
As for Tim working from home....he usually only does it here and there if there is an appt or something he needs to be to close by our house, but with the weather he's been working at home 1 or 2 days a week for the past couple weeks.
I agree with the others, you inspire me, and if you lived closer I'd hire you to be a Creative Play Therapist or something for my kids. Thanks for the ideas. I'm pretty sure we're going to be snowed in for a few days!
Ashley, you really are amazing! How do you find the energy to do all of that?? (No really...)
Post a Comment