Friday, January 7, 2011

Philadelphia Part 1

While Dave and Katie visited we thought we should be tourists and visit Philadelphia. We'd only been once for dinner with friends, so we thought we'd visit the Natural History Museum for the kiddos and the Liberty Bell for the adults. It was perfect weather. Well, as perfect as weather can be in January. It was high 30's and sunny. So we bundled up in our hats, coats, and gloves and headed to the big city.

I think this picture is so funny because Kameron looks completely mesmerized by the gigantic moose and Xavier seems to be wondering what Kameron is doing. If only Xavier would look behind his back he'd probably fall over in amazement and the animals size.


The boys were listening to one of the museum workers description of all the dino artifacts on the table. Xavier is holding a Megaladon tooth. The one tooth is bigger than both of Xavier's hands combined.

It's T-Rex run for your lives!

Shivering in their skin.

Boy am I glad they're extinct.

Dino dig. The dinosaurs were by far the favorite attraction. They even got to dig for dinosaur bones like a real paleontologist.

The other favorite exhibit was the butterfly room. Cousins don't shake, cousins gotta hug!

A big collection of the cocoons.

After our visit to the museum we decided to do some sight seeing by foot. The kiddos were ready to go in their strollers and we had some awesome views of the downtown area while getting some good exercise. I think we walked about 6 miles. I'm glad I wore comfy shoes.

Stay tuned for more Philly adventures.....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is too cool. My sister just moved away from Philly and is missing it. I wish we would have come for a visit while they were still there, but you guys are still close by... hint... hint...

Tim R said...

like