We sure worked up an appetite with all the walking we did. So we had to top off the visit with our very first Philly Cheese Steak. We walked quite a ways to get to a place called Jim's Steaks. This was highly recommended from one of Tim's co-workers.
Even in the middle of January there was a line out the door. This is an immediate sign there was good food to come. Since we had our gigantic strollers, Katie and I ended up staying outside and eventually found a Starbucks to sit and get warm while Tim and Dave got the food. It took about 45-60 minutes before we got our food.
Tim said that if you didn't order the "right" way the guys would laugh at you and know you were new to the place. Tim said you had to ask for a cheesesteak with "Whiz" and mushrooms. When we first got in line I noticed there were food storage sized cans of Cheese Whiz they would open and just plop it on the cheesesteak. I must say, it was delicious!! Our first cheesesteak experience lived up to the hype. I'm glad Tim's co-worker mentioned Jim's to us.
By the time we were fat and happy we had about 3 miles to walk, in the dark, to get back to our cars. On our trek back we got to see the Liberty Bell in it's glory. No crowds. No noise. No security officers checking our bags. Just the bell. It was really neat to see it like that.

We got a little silly by the end of our journey. We had so much fun and we can't wait to visit again and explore more of the city. It has so much depth, culture, and history yet to be uncovered by US.
2 comments:
I totally want to go to Philly one of these days...like you said, so much history! And those Cheesesteaks sound so yummy!
Oh I love all the pictures. It was so much fun to explore Philly with you guys. I'm so glad we were able to come out there for a few days. When we got home I missed you so much. I felt so bad that you weren't feeling well, especially if Dave passed that along. Kam still talks about digging for dinosaur bones with his buddy Xavier. We love you guys, and thanks for having us!!
Post a Comment