Xavier had his first full blown temper tantrum yesterday. Guess what he was upset over? My least favorite thing in the whole world- HIS PACIFIER. I took him out of his crib, brought him downstairs, and pulled his pacifier out of his mouth. Next thing I knew the meltdown had begun. I have never seen him so upset over anything before. The worst part about it is my sister in law Katie got to experience the entire thing with us. No matter what I did to distract him he wanted his pacifier. Finally I realized he had slept for almost 3 hours without the air on and it was about 80 degrees in our house. I have a feeling that contributed to his behavior. After getting some water in his system, singing some songs, and reading his favorite Thomas the Train book he finally calmed down enough to play outside. If this is a glimpse of what is to come I can't wait.
Oh and by the way, today I felt his mouth and one of his teeth has finally started to break the surface, so that was probably another big reason why he just HAD to have that pacifier. I guess I'm just hoping if I think of a long list of reasons for his out-of-the-ordinary behavior I can also hope that this was a one time occurrence. Who am I kidding right?
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
1 day ago
2 comments:
Oh boy, hopefully that's only a once-in-a-while thing! Unfortunately....
Oh so fun...and so it begins?! I'm sure he won't be having a lot of them for a while, but I think the terrible twos actually start at 18 months and never REALLY end?! They just never get over asserting their independence and wishes. No worries, though Xavier is a sweetie.
Post a Comment