Monday, July 28, 2008

Parting with the Pacifier....dun dun dun

So Tim and I have decided the pacifier has got to go. Well, at least during the day. Xavier has become extremely dependent on his pacifier. (Tim and I take credit for that, but it came in handy through all our life changes and chaos these last couple months)

Today was day 1 of the weaning process and Xavier was not a happy camper. It was very upsetting for him and he wined most of the day. One positive note was that he was extra happy to take his nap and go to bed because his little friend, "Paci" was waiting for him in his crib. There were many times where I wanted to give in and just give him his pacifier, but I remained strong in my determination to cut back on the pacifier usage. All in all it was a successful day 1 for us both. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tim R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim R said...

Way to go MOM!!! Stay tough.

Aubreydoll said...

That's great! It's a hard transition and good for you for starting it early. I have no idea how we're going to get rid of Bauer's! If only I could come up with a good enough bribe...