Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July



We had a fun and jam packed Fourth of July weekend. Tim was stoked because he had a 3 day weekend. We played wiffle ball with a bunch of friends Friday morning and went to a BBQ in the evening. We met a lot of people from our new ward. There are a lot of nice people in our new ward. Yeah!!

Then on Saturday we went to Lake Michigan with 5 families from our ward. It was the perfect day. I probably sat down once the entire day. Keeping tabs on Xavier was quite challenging. He never stopped going. He kept walking up to people to say hi and check out all their cool beach toys. Apparently ours weren't interesting enough. He also walked right up to a lady, climbed into her chair, and just sat down. He keeps me on my toes and I never know what he's going to do next. I love my little guy to pieces.

Since I was so preoccupied with keeping Xavier safe I forgot to put sunscreen on, so I'm definitely feeling the pain. My back is quite red and sore. Lesson learned: put sunscreen on myself before heading to the beach. After spending most the day at the beach we stopped by Tim's parents for another BBQ.

I can't forget to say how grateful I am to be able to live and raise a family in the USA. We are truly blessed to have the freedoms we enjoy each day.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute! I love the slide show! Thanks again for inviting us, we had a blast!

The Lindsays said...

Looks like fun! Love the water and BBQ's in summer time.

Sarah said...

I miss those trips to Lake Michigan so bad! Looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe Stephanie's little girl! So big! She looks a lot like Stephanie did when she was lttle.

Aubreydoll said...

Wow, what a great weekend! Now that I'm back we'll have to plan another trip to the beach.