Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Little Fish

I've decided I have a fish, not a baby.  We went to a play group at Lake Lansing today.  We were just planning on playing with the other kiddos at the park.  Come to find out some of the other moms had planned on playing in the lake.  After me, Xavier, my friend Aubrey, and her son Bauer played at the park for a little while we decided to join the rest of the crowd.  (not knowing before hand what would happen).  As soon as Xavier saw the water he was off.  He decided to walk into the water, clothes and all.  Keep in mind several of the other kids weren't quite as confident about playing in the water.  NO fear I tell ya.  He was having a blast.  I, on the other hand, was mortified.  What a terrible mom I was by being so unprepared.  I didn't have a towel, a swimsuit, or a change of clothes for my little swimmer.  So, I just let him enjoy the water.  Everyone was entertained by Xavier's complete and utter excitement.  


Once his diaper got so full I thought it was going to explode I took him to the car, stripped him of everything, and put on a clean diaper.  Boy do I love spending time with my little guy.  He just loves exploring everything and has so much energy that it keeps me waiting for more fun memories to share with you.

5 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Oh my gosh, it was so funny watching him play yesterday! I wish Bauer was a little more like that when it came to water, I love swimming!

Stephanie said...

lol! Why am I not surprised??? That little guy is FEARLESS, and is always up for an adventure!

Holly,Jeff,Liberty said...

haha...that's funny. sounds like he had a good time!

Linz said...

X is DARLING!

Can I just say that I'm totally jealous that you all get to play together with your cute kids?! Wish we could join you. :)

The Richardson Clan said...

We wish you guys were here too Linz. You just have to convince Nate to come back to school at MSU. Wink. Wink.